Event date: Saturday 4 June 2016, 10am – 4:30pm
Every year at the World Textile Days around the country, the organisers explore a common theme through their free exhibition, and morning and afternoon presentations (only £2 per session). In 2016, their world textile experts will focus on the role of textiles in birth, marriage and death around the world.
FREE admission to our exhibition of stitched, embroidered and woven textiles and artefacts from around the world.
FAIR TRADE – Worldwide fair trade textile, directly from the makers.
- 11 am presentation. OATG member John Gillow – Dowry Textiles of Northwest India and Pakistan.
- 2 pm Show & Tell. Bring and discuss your own textile with one of our world textile experts. Plus two short talks.
- £2 per session, tickets at the door.
With these specialist world textile traders:
- Textile Traders
- The African Fabric Shop
- John Gillow
- Slow Loris Textiles – Martin Conlan
- Tukuru Textiles from South America – Meri Hunneyball
- Susan Briscoe Designs
Delicious refreshments to be confirmed. Disabled access. Free parking. Station: King’s Sutton.
Venue: King’s Sutton Millenium Memorial Hall, Astrop Road, King’s Sutton, near Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 3PG.
N.B. There are still a couple more World Textile Days to be held around the UK this summer, so if you’d like to attend this event, but it’s a little too far away, check the website to see if there’s another one closer to you. On 10 September, for example, there will be a World Textile Day held near Thetford, in Norfolk.
For more information, visit the World Textile Day website.