Event date: Saturday 10 September 2016, 10am – 4:30pm
Every year at the World Textile Days around the country, the organisers explore a common theme through their free exhibition, and morning and afternoon presentations (only £2 per session). In 2016, their world textile experts will focus on the role of textiles in birth, marriage and death around the world.
FREE admission to our exhibition of stitched, embroidered and woven textiles and artefacts from around the world.
FAIR TRADE – Worldwide fair trade textile, directly from the makers.
- 11 am presentation. Bob Irwin – Bury Me Well: African funeral textiles and rituals.
- 2 pm Show & Tell. Bring and discuss your own textile with one of our world textile experts. Plus: two short talks.
- £2 per session, tickets at the door.
With these specialist world textile traders:
- Textile Traders
- The African Fabric Shop
- John Gillow
- Slow Loris Textiles – Martin Conlan
- Susan Briscoe Designs
- Tanya Byrne – Indian textiles
Delicious refreshments to be confirmed. Disabled access. Free parking. Stations: Brandon and Downham Market.
Venue: Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards Street, Mundford, near Thetford, Norfolk, IP26 5DW.
N.B. There is still another World Textile Day to be held in Bristol this year, so if you’d like to attend this event, but it’s a little too far away, you might still be able to attend the Bristol event instead.
For more information, visit the World Textile Day website.