Event date: Saturday 1 October 2016
Every year at the World Textile Days around the country, the organisers explore a common theme through their free exhibition, and morning and afternoon presentations (only £2 per session). In 2016, their world textile experts will focus on the role of textiles in birth, marriage and death around the world.
FREE admission to our exhibition of stitched, embroidered and woven textiles and artefacts from around the world.
FAIR TRADE – Worldwide fair trade textile, directly from the makers.
- 11 am presentation. Diane Gaffney – A Matter of Life and Death: Batik and Ikat in Indonesian Life.
- 2 pm Show & Tell. Bring and discuss your own textile with one of our world textile experts. Plus: two short talks.
- £2 per session, tickets at the door.
With these specialist world textile traders:
- Textile Traders
- The African Fabric Shop
- John Gillow
- Slow Loris Textiles – Martin Conlan
- Tukuru Textiles from South America – Meri Hunneyball
- Añañuca Chilean Textiles – Liz Beasley
Delicious refreshments courtesy of our hosts Saltford Community Association. Disabled access. Free parking. Stations – Keynsham, Bristol Temple Meads, Bath.
Venue: Saltford Hall, Wedmore Road, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY.
For more information, visit the World Textile Day website.