Event date: Saturday 29 September, 2018. 10:00 – 16:30.
The penultimate World Textile Day of 2018 will be held at Frodsham in Cheshire. The free exhibition and world textiles experts will focus on how families, villages and communities around the world co-operate to produce their wonderful textiles. There are sure to be fabulous textiles from around the globe from OATG member John Gillow, Slow Loris, Textile Traders, the African Fabric Shop, Tukuru Textiles, and Susan Briscoe Designs.
FREE admission to the exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Jim Gaffney – textile trader, collector and traveller. Many Hands Make Light Work: Incredible Handmade Asian Textiles.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. The experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Specialist world textiles traders
- Disabled access
- Free parking
For more details of this event visit the World Textile Day website
Event date: Saturday 23 September 2017, 10am – 4:30pm
Every year at World Textile Days around the country, the organisers explore a common theme through their free exhibition, and morning and afternoon presentations (only £3 per session). In 2017, their world textile experts will focus on the role of colour in textiles.
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles from around the world.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world.
- 11 am presentation. Magie Relph – quilter, collector, textile trader and author of African Wax Print: A Textile Journey.
- 2 pm Show & Tell. Bring and discuss your own world textile with one of our world textile experts. Plus: a short talk.
£3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Throughout the day: demonstrations by the Braid Society.
With these specialist world textile traders:
- Textile Traders – Jim and Diane Gaffney
- The African Fabric Shop – Magie Relph and Bob Irwin
- Tukuru South American Textiles – Meri Hunneyball
- Khayamiya Egyptian Appliqué – Joan and John Fisher
- Indian Textiles – Tanya Byrne
- Nepalese Textiles – Karen Haggis
- Indian Silk – Suzy Rowe
Delicious refreshments provided by our hosts Frodsham Patchwork Group. Disabled access. Free parking. Station: Frodsham.
Venue: Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane (B5439), Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN.
For more information, visit the World Textile Day website.