Event date: Saturday 9 September 2017, 10am – 4:30pm
Every year at World Textile Days around the country, the organisers explore a common theme through their free exhibition, and morning and afternoon presentations (only £3 per session). In 2017, their world textile experts will focus on the role of colour in textiles.
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles from around the world.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world.
- 11 am presentation. Jim Gaffney, textile trader, collector and traveller – The old colours are best: A resurgence in natural dyes.
- 2 pm Show & Tell. Bring and discuss your own world textile with one of our world textile experts. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
With these specialist world textile traders:
- Textile Traders – Jim and Diane Gaffney
- The African Fabric Shop – Magie Relph and Bob Irwin
- John Gillow
- Slow Loris Chinese Tribal Textiles – Martin Conlan
- Susan Briscoe Designs – Japanese Kimono and fabrics
- Tukuru South American Textiles – Meri Hunneyball
- Callishibori – Jane Callender
Delicious refreshments. Disabled access. Free parking. Stations: Brandon and Downham Market.
Venue: Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards Street, Mundford, near Thetford, Norfolk, IP26 5DW.
N.B. There are still two more World Textile Days to be held in Cheshire and Bristol later in September, so if you’d like to attend this event, but it’s a little too far away, you might still be able to attend a different one instead.
For more information, visit the World Textile Day website.